What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)?
Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that collectively establish how well we:
- Perceive and express ourselves
- Develop and maintain social relationships
- Cope with challenges
- Use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way
Why Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence is proven to be a key indicator of human performance and development.
People higher in EI communicate effectively, form strong relationships, and create powerful coping strategies.
EI can be measured – more accessibly and less controversially than IQ – and unlike IQ, it can be substantially
strengthened and developed.
"..the numbers are beginning to tell us a persuasive story about the link between
a company’s success and the emotional intelligence of its leaders.
And just as important, research is also demonstrating that people can, if they take
the right approach, develop their emotional intelligence."
Article by Daniel Goleman 'What Makes a leader'.
How to develop your Emotional Intelligence skills?
Take an EQ-i self assessment!
The Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 (EQ-i 2.0) is a scientifically validated tool that measures an individual’s emotional intelligence.
As a certified EQ-i practitioner I can:
- enable you to take the assessment
- support you to distill the most relevant insights
- help you identify your personal developmental objectives and an action plan to working even more effective in your professional role, with colleagues, supervisors and clients.